Shear Joy Sheep's Milk Soaps: Christmas Essences
Made in East Sussex in small batches using milk from grass-fed ewes and selected essential oils infused with arnica flowers, calendula flowers and cat's claw bark for their natural healing qualities.
Christmas Essences are Orange, Cloves, Nutmeg, Star Anise, Cinnamon Leaf
The milk is collected by hand during lambing season from ewes producing more milk that their lamb(s) can drink. Initially the milk is used for orphan or weak lambs and only surplus is used to create these soaps.
Sheep's milk has many properties when used in soap:
- High fat content moisturises the skin
- Higher protein and calcium levels than found in cow's or goat's milk lead to superior anti-inflammatory properties
- Lactic acid acts as a natural exfoliant
- Rich in vitains A and E - antioxidants which protect the skin
- Cleansing, and suitable for dry or sensitive skin
The soap comes in a small cardboard box on straw.